Collection: Modern Furniture
Say "hello" to modern.
About Modern Style
Modern style furniture is characterized by simple shapes and color palettes. This minimalistic approach on interior design is based on a turn-of-the-century movement characterized by an emphasis on abstract thinking, functionality, and simple geometric forms. This sleek and masculine look lends itself to professional environments.
Creating a modern kitchen can be as easy as incorporating bar stools and glass tables that feature metal bases. The same applies to furniture in the living room. To create some interest, coffee tables and cabinets feature glossy painted surfaces. The key to a modern aesthetic is a monochromatic color palette to create a clean and sophisticated ambiance.
Modern Color Palettes
The most common color for modern furniture is white, and for good reason. White matches with virtually every color on or off the rainbow. When choosing modern furniture or decor, opt for neutrals — earth colors are very common in both modern decor and furnishings. Pairing white with beige, tan, grey, earthy greens and browns creates a timeless modern look, that can be elevated with decor or accessories as needed.
Modern Decor Tips
Achieve a modern home vibe with these decor ideas:
- Opt for simple furniture, with geometric shapes and solid tones to jazz up your space
- Adopt an open floor plan — natural light helps a space feel more airy and open, using furniture to divide rooms
- Emphasize furniture with horizontal and vertical lines, with fewer curves than contemporary furniture
- Furnish with natural materials such as unpainted wood, metals, leather, and natural fibers
- Enhance or accent with reflective surfaces like steel, chrome, or glass